Area Sales Manager (North) – Composite decking specialist
Posted by Rachael Hamiton on January 10, 2019
"They will have good, solid product knowledge of landscaping / decking / paving products and experience managing a Merchant customer base in the territory."
We are currently handling a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Area Sales Manager to join the UK`s market leading supplier of wood plastic composite decking. Covering the North of England, you will be responsible for developing sales of the full suite of products into a Merchant and Stockist network.
The successful candidate will be a confident, enthusiastic and motivated individual, with a ‘can do’ attitude. They will have good, solid product knowledge of landscaping / decking / paving products and experience managing a Merchant customer base in the territory.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To create a successful sales budget plan for your territory, (utilising existing and prospective customers) this budget would then dove-tail with the company budget on all aspects.
- To create and deploy an acceptable sales strategy for your area in conjunction with National Sales Manager
- Reaching the targets and goals set for your area by establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer base, aiming to make a minimum of 20 customer visits per week.
- The be fully responsible for the sales in your territory from initial enquiry / order until the time the company is paid in full
- Negotiate with individual customers, to maximise the gross margin potential (as per the parameters detailed within price structures)
- Report on key market intelligence including but not exhaustive; competitors, stock availability, credit availability etc. A weekly call report system to also be completed and submitted.
- Submit detailed reports of customer complaints recommending a suitable solution
- Represent the company at occasional customer entertaining activities and during such always maintaining a high level of professionalism
- To liaise with all company departments as required, in a manner to develop successful relationships.
- To liaise with other on-site or off-site group companies as requested
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the Point of sale material in the sales channel, which may include set and refresh
- Take responsibility for training the customers in all aspects of products
- Take an active approach to help plan the future direction of the company through a collaborative team.
If you can deliver the Performance Objectives, please apply with an up to date CV. All applications will be reviewed discretely and serious candidates will be offered the chance to explore the opportunity further. Miller McKenzie is a niche headhunting firm with over 20 years’ history and a reputation for the highest levels of service, confidentiality and integrity
Please send an up to date CV to email@example.com, alternatively if you would like more information or to discuss this opportunity further please call us on 01522 370505