"Finding the Dark Horse"
- Finding a person about whom little is known, especially one with potential as a competitor.
To ‘keep dark’, meaning to keep a secret is an expression going back at least 400 years, so it is possible that the related dark horse (a racehorse of unknown form but thought to have a good chance) existed in racing slang before it was first recorded in print in Disraeli’s novel The Young Duke (1831). Be that as it may, it soon became a popular metaphor for a person with unknown or hidden qualities.
Industrial Recruitment Specialist:
Each consultant at Miller McKenzie operates within a specific vertical market and recruits at all levels and for all functions within that market.
Our Industrial Specialist recruits for the following sectors:
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Health and Safety
- Maintenance, Repair, Operations / Overhaul
- Industrial Consumables (products and services)
- OEM Wholesalers and Distributors
- Insurance repair arena
- Sales, Marketing, Operations and Logistics (within the above areas)
If you are looking to fill a vacancy, or are looking for a new position within one of the above areas call Mark today on 01522 731371 for an honest discussion about what we can do to help you.
For Construction Industry recruitment Click Here
For Security Industry recruitment Click Here